How to Build an Effective Academic Personal Website
Upon completion of this comprehensive and engaging course, you will be able to:
- Explain the 5 key benefits of having a personal academic website
- Choose a target audience, a suitable domain name, and a web hosting service for your personal academic website
- Organize the 10 key pieces of content featured across all effective personal academic websites
- Compare and contrast popular platforms on which to build your personal academic website
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, identify popular SEO tools, and monitor website traffic using Google Analytics
Toyin Alli, PhD, is an award-winning Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at the University of Georgia and the Founder of The Academic Society LLC, a consultancy firm focused on academic productivity and time management. Dr. Alli is a former Ronald E. McNair Scholar and completed her doctoral studies in mathematics at the University of Alabama. Since this time, she has been recognized with accolades including the Mathematical Association of America Southeastern Section’s Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Beginning College or University Mathematics Faculty Member and the Sandy Beaver Excellence in Teaching Award from the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences. In addition to creating online courses on time management, productivity, and self-care, Dr. Alli is the author of the book: #GRADBOSS: A Grad School Survival Guide. Deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in academia, she is actively involved in professional development programs and committees aimed at enhancing teaching methodologies and student learning experiences.