How to Find & Stay Connected to Your “Why”
Upon completion of this comprehensive and engaging course, you will be able to:
- Create a personal mission statement (your “Why?”) to maximize your motivation, resilience, and goal-setting
- List the 5 main benefits of knowing your “Why?”
- Reflect on your current sense of purpose and desire to change your personal and professional environment
- Identify 4 techniques for connecting with your “Why?”
- Discuss how staying connected to your “Why?” can improve your career advancement and work/life satisfaction
Toyin Alli, PhD, is an award-winning Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at the University of Georgia and the Founder of The Academic Society LLC, a consultancy firm focused on academic productivity and time management. Dr. Alli is a former Ronald E. McNair Scholar and completed her doctoral studies in mathematics at the University of Alabama. Since this time, she has been recognized with accolades including the Mathematical Association of America Southeastern Section’s Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Beginning College or University Mathematics Faculty Member and the Sandy Beaver Excellence in Teaching Award from the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences. In addition to creating online courses on time management, productivity, and self-care, Dr. Alli is the author of the book: #GRADBOSS: A Grad School Survival Guide. Deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in academia, she is actively involved in professional development programs and committees aimed at enhancing teaching methodologies and student learning experiences.